Privacy & Cookies Policy
The terms “Canadian Geo”, “we”, “us”, “our” and “ours” when used in this Privacy & Cookies Policy means Canadian Geo, which includes any divisions or branches under the control of Canadian Geo.
The terms “you”, “your” and “yours” when used in this Privacy & Cookies Policy means any user of this Website.
The term “Personal Data” refers to personally identifiable information about you as an individual, such as your name, job description, health related data, birthday, e-mail address or mailing address.
IMPORTANT: BY SUBMITTING PERSONAL DATA MANUALLY OR IN ELECTRONIC FORM TO US AND/OR BY USING OUR WEBSITE YOU GIVE YOUR CONSENT THAT ALL PERSONAL DATA THAT YOU SUBMIT MAY BE PROCESSED BY US IN THE MANNER AND FOR THE PURPOSES DESCRIBED BELOW.
2. Scope of Privacy & Cookies Policy
We are committed to the privacy and confidentiality of information provided by you to us. This Privacy & Cookies Policy describes our current procedures with regard to Personal Data collected and processed by us from you online via phone, text or by email and as a result of dealings through this Website, including your use of this Website to the extent that such Personal Data is protected by applicable data protection laws. This Privacy & Cookies Policy does not apply to CANADIAN GEO PARKLAND’s collecting or processing of Personal Data relating to employees, prospective employees or sub-contractors (i.e. persons who provide services on a contract basis). CANADIAN GEO PARKLAND has separate privacy statements for employees, prospective employees and sub-contractors.
3. Notification of Changes to this Policy
We are continually improving our methods of communication and adding new functionality and features to this Website and to our existing services. Because of these ongoing changes, changes in the law and the changing nature of technology, our data practices will change from time to time. When appropriate, a revised Privacy & Cookies Policy will be posted on this Website which will incorporate any changes. The date of the most recent versions will appear on this page and if material changes are made, we will notify you of the changes via this page. We encourage you to check this page frequently. If you do not agree to these changes, please do not continue to use CANADIAN GEO PARKLAND’s Website to submit Personal Data to CANADIAN GEO PARKLAND.
4. Use of Personal Data
We will use your Personal Data to fulfil your requests and we will ask only for Personal Data that is adequate, relevant and not excessive for those purposes. Where we send you information for any purpose, it may be sent by e-mail or post. When we ask you for Personal Data it may include the following purposes:
- We may use your Personal Data to contact you, for example, in response to an enquiry;
- We may use your Personal Data to share with our CPs (defined below) for recruitment or service provision purposes;
- We may use your Personal Data for marketing purposes and market research; and
- We may use your Personal Data internally to administer this Website and help us improve our services.
5. Anonymous Data collected through this Website
In addition to the information we collect as described above, we use technology to collect anonymous information about the use of our Website. For example, our web server automatically logs which pages of our Website our visitors view, their IP addresses and which web browsers our visitors use. This technology does not identify you personally; it simply enables us to compile statistics about our visitors and their use of our Website.
Our Website contains hyperlinks to other pages on our Website. We may use technology to track how often these links are used and which pages on our Website our visitors choose to view. Again this technology does not identify you personally – it simply enables us to compile statistics about the use of these hyperlinks.
6. Cookies – Information CANADIAN GEO PARKLAND collects from you
a) What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file, which often includes a unique identifier that is downloaded to your computer or mobile phone (“device”) browser when you use a website in order to store or obtain information on or from your device. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognize a user’s device.
- manage visits to our Website;
- improve our understanding of how people use our Website via Google Analytics;
- advertise on the Google content network using Google’s remarketing program; and
- measure the effectiveness of our online marketing campaigns.
The cookies employed on our Website cannot be used to identify you. We do not make any attempt using cookies to identify any visitors to our Website and we will not associate any data gathered from our Website with any personally identifying information. Instead, the cookies used are focused on how the Website is used.
c) How to control and delete cookies
d) Access to information and further enquiries
7. Disclosure of your Personal Data
We do not share, sell or distribute your Personal Data with unrelated third parties, except as otherwise provided for in this Privacy & Cookies Policy and under these limited circumstances:
- a) The CANADIAN GEO PARKLAND operates via regional consulting practices (“CPs”). When you contact us, we may share your Personal Data with other CPs in the CANADIAN GEO PARKLAND offices in order to most appropriately answer your enquiry. In contacting any CP whether by sending a form via this Website or by email, you agree to this sharing of information between CPs. By contacting any CP including CANADIAN GEO PARKLAND you are deemed to consent to the sending of your Personal Data. Whenever your Personal Data is transferred to and stored at a destination outside the EEA, it may also be processed by staff who work for other CPs and such staff may in turn where necessary provide your Personal Data to third parties engaged by CANADIAN GEO PARKLAND or the other CPs for further processing but always in accordance with the purposes for which the data was originally collected. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your Personal Data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy & Cookies Policy and any local privacy laws.
- b) In order to provide you with the information or services which you have requested, Personal Data may occasionally and in the case of a “Contact Us” form feature of the Website, be transferred or shared with third parties who act for us for further processing in accordance with the purposes for which the data was originally collected or for purposes to which you have subsequently consented. For example, sometimes a third party may have access to your Personal Data in order to support our information technology.
- c) We may share, transfer or disclose the information in our databases and server logs to comply with a legal requirement, for the administration of justice, interacting with anti-fraud databases, to protect your vital interests, to protect the security or integrity of our databases or this Website, to take precautions against legal liability, or in the event of our sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event. For the avoidance of doubt, you should be aware that if we are requested by the police or any other regulatory or government authority investigating suspected illegal activities to provide your Personal Data, we are entitled to do so.
8. Data and Online Security
Unfortunately, the transmission of Personal Data and information via the internet and other online or electronic transmission systems is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Data transmitted through this Website; and transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your Personal Data, we will use appropriate security features to try to prevent unauthorized access, loss, destruction, misuse, modification or disclosure.
9. Transfer of Personal Data Abroad including CANADIAN GEO PARKLAND’s Global Operations
If you are visiting this Website from a country other than the country in which it is located (which may vary from time-to-time), the various communications could potentially result in the transfer of information across international boundaries.
By visiting this Website and communicating electronically with us, you consent to the processing and transfer of your Personal Data as set out in this Privacy & Cookies Policy; and accordingly your attention is once again drawn to Term 8 of this Privacy & Cookies Policy.
10. External Sites
All material and images are copyright protected and may not be reproduced without written permission of the site owners.
Feedback, Questions and Contact Information
We welcome comments about this Privacy & Cookies Policy. If you have any questions about this Privacy& Cookies Policy or any part of our service, you may contact us by e-mailing email@example.com
This Privacy & Cookies Policy was last updated in Feb 2015.